Friday, March 4, 2011

pok-a-dot






flats- charles albert via endless
tights- target
cutoffs- levis via salvation army
tee- target
sweater- h&m
earrings- h&m

Guys. Today was a really good day. I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror and I thought, "Hot damn. You are looking fine today, hot stuff!" Which, um, never happens first thing in the morning when I am wearing glasses. But I decided to leave my hair how it was (dirty) and my glasses on (super sexy) and just go with it.

Boyf is feeling a little sicky but we went to the coffee shop and had BIG Americanos and magically everything was better! I love that coffee shop, guys. If you're ever in Buffalo, go to Sweet_ness7. They have stamped tin ceilings and awesome chalkboards everywhere and homemade food and coffee in fantastic mismatched mugs. Somehow the Americano made writing easier, which always makes me happy.

Then we went to a used bookstore which is going out of business. That's sad, but everything is 50% off! Which is good. I bought two old school cookbooks just because old school cooks really knew what was up when it came to desserts. Lard sounds gross, but it makes for one helluva pie crust. Divinity frosting? Yes, please.

Then we went to the record store. And I got ZZ Top's Live From Texas. I almost threw up from sheer joy. I know it's weird, but I am so obsessed with ZZ Top it's not even funny. I want to wear a jeweled suit forever and follow them around in a big van.

Then we went to Applebee's and got free food with a gift card. I got a reuben. And then we went to the liquor store and there was a wine tasting with wines from the town where I went to college.

Oh and also, it was kind of warm-ish today. And these tights make me super happy. And these flats remind me of ones that Cait has. Aw.

I hope you guys had as good a day as I did! What are you all up to this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. 1) Why do you want the Jumbo Folding Shopping Cart? Are you planning on doing copious amounts of LSD and roaming the streets of Buffalo?

    2) Have you read "Unbearable Lightness of Being?" I don't want to gush too much on Blogger but that book is so beautiful it makes me want to cry. "Es muss sein! Es konnte auch anders sein"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and
    3) Why don't you get Disqus already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIMME THOSE TIGHTS. I WANT THEM.

    Also, you look super cute. I'm going to Bing tomorrow, meet me there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! I'm so nervous to try shorts and stockings...

    heyrecklessmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. boobbbieeeees!!!

    okay, that was probably inappropriate of me.

    You're so cute, Elle. and i want your tights too. Maybe you can hand em down to me after Lexie is done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) hey best friend
    2) i am going to steal your tights- before anyone else does
    3) now i want coffee, sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    mattersofmerrymaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great day.
    For the record, your dirty hair and glasses are hot. So is lard in desserts.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, thanks so much for stopping by my blog & for your super sweet comment. I am love, loving those gorgeous tights and they look adorable with the denim cut offs. Great to meet your blog. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day and you're right, your outfit is HOT!!

    And also, I don't think you're a dunce at all with your makeup! You always look super cute in all your pictures!!

    and I LOVE polka dots! I'm going to have a post on them soon where I will feature about 5 different outfits from my closet. Too bad I don't have some polka dot tights to feature too...maybe I will have to link to your blog on the post!

    ReplyDelete