Tuesday, March 22, 2011

elaine




shoes- pierre dumas via endless
pants- liz clairborne via the goodwill
top- ASOS

So this is one of those outfits that I felt like dynamite in, but then when I took some pictures and checked them out, I decided that maybeee this isn't my most flattering silhouette?

But you know what? That doesn't matter because I love these pants. I love how retro-90's I feel in them. I love the ridiculous silky lining. I love the puff sleeves on this top. I love these shoes. My hair was fun to play with today. So, you know what? So what if this outfit makes me look midget-short and top-heavy. There are more important things. Right?

I got a free polo shirt from work today. It has a pretty sexy brand name embroided on the chest in gold and the head salesman in my department just gave it to me because he happened to have it lying around. And it fits like a glove and makes me super dorky happy because I like my job so much and it's the first time I've had a job where people are this nice to each other all the time. Also I got a free travel mug for my coffee and a couple of cases of filled croissants.

How have your weeks been so far, kiddos?

15 comments:

  1. Okay- I love puffed sleeves, but I can't always pull them off. You ROCK this shirt. I'm jealous. I love puffs and ruffles, and waffles. double F's rock.

    My week has been a storm of crazy time. Just wanting to slow down!
    Are you on twitter? Cause you should be.

    Glad to hear you like your job! You deserve an awesome environment! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigod, filled croissants. Want.

    I think your outfit is great. Its boyf's fault the photos are unflattering. He's taller than you, right? So he's photographing you from above. Of course you look a bit foreshortened (Also, he's almost definitely for sure FOCUSING on your boobs, ergo, top heavy.)! You should make him squat when he takes pictures of you. You'll look more svelt in no time, promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is Elaine?

    I love days I see pictures of an outfit I thought rocked and then then thinking.. hm. Maybe not. Haha.

    You're right - all that matters is you liked it and you were comfortable. And it's very sophisticated. And how much fun are the puffy-ish sleeves?

    And I resisted the urge to say: 'I like your sleeves. They're real big.'

    Actually, I guess I didn't resist. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SERIOUSLY, you get croissants?! I have a croissant problem, have I ever told you this? Anyway, I really really like the pants. I have a pair I need to break out more often actually. You look GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think that's unflattering AT ALL on you! I think you are just super cute in everything and I'm still jealous b/c my pear shape would definitely NOT rock this outfit.

    Thanks for inspiring us with your cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bahaha, that is so elaine-chic. I know what you mean about loving how you feel in something... and then seeing it in photos ... and then... well, we just wont take any more photos when wearing said wonderful outfit.

    also, super jealous of your croissants. I once spent an entire 14 day trip to Victoria, BC on a mission to find the perfect croissant. It was a delcious trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spelt delicious wrong... how embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you about your job! You should probably never leave if they give you croissants. Also, those pants are awesome.

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  10. The puff sleeves are cute! Your outfit also looks super comfy-- I'm jealous!

    Sounds like the new job is going well and I'm really happy for you!! :D

    My week's been filled with sleepless nights. Suffering from insomnia really sucks. I feel like a zombie trying to operate on 3-4 hours of sleep a night for the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO happy that you like your new job! Love your job, living with your love. Sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For realz Elaine, get your arse back on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. paha--"sexy brand name embroidered" on the polo. holy cow. that "sexy" killed me. still laughing.
    love the pants. no, really. they're fabulous.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you'd like!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ELLLE!!! WHERE IS YOUR FACE?!! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete