Tuesday, February 1, 2011

fifteen!

I've always wanted to say this about someone, and now I can! I knew Ramsey before she was famous. Well, by "knew" I mean, I obsessed over her blog. And by "famous" I mean, before everyone else discovered how adorable and well-dressed she is. She tagged me to reveal fifteen things about myself and, like I said before, there is nothing I love more than talking about myself. Herrrre we go!

1) I recently moved to Buffalo, NY.

I know, I know, this isn't exactly a secret, but it's something that's constantly on my mind and I find it hard not to talk about. News flash: Moving somewhere for the purposes of your adult life is not the same as moving to your college town for the purposes of college. Who knew, right? I've been a small town girl my entire life up until this point, and I am still getting used to such exotic concepts as parking on different sides of the road depending on which day of the week it is,and traffic circles. Also, as I continually whine, Buffalo is cold. And snowy. And icy. The lake effect is not a myth.

All things aside, I'm really enjoying my time here. Really! Sure, I'll be happier once I am gainfully employed, but I live with Boyf, who is pretty swell, and I like my other roommates. And I went thrifting today! And there's a really cool vegan diner up on Main Street. Who knew, right?

2) I continually talk about the girls on various fashion blogs as if I know them in real life.

I know I'm weird. Hey, but you guys do that too, right? ;)

3) I'm a devoted flexitarian.

Which means exactly jack, I will admit. But to explain: I try to incorporate more vegetables and whole grains into my diet, and eating vegetarian or vegan at home helps me do that. Also, tofu or an eggplant is cheaper than meat. And I am poor. I was even poorer in college, when I started eating this way Also, vegetarian stuff is super tasty. Eating this way has forced me to cook for myself a lot and now I know how to do cool stuff that I couldn't before. Like blanching broccoli rabe. For example. Behold my skillz. I still jump on bacon cheeseburgers whenever I see them, though. Go figure.

4) I am, as you can see, physically incapable of cutting to the chase or getting to the point or not explaining every single small detail of any story I am ever telling.

I am totally that person that starts telling you a story and begins two weeks before the story actually began. It's charming. Right?

5) I would rather eat at a diner than somewhere fancy.

Even though I worked at a diner for seven months and hated it, I still love diners. "Greasy" and "spoon" are two of the most beautiful words in the English language to me.

6) I miss my puppy so, so, so, so much.

I've always had at least one dog. I'm not adjusting well to not having one. Boyf keeps pointing out that animals are expensive and I don't have a job or know my hours, and that thus, now might not be the wisest time to bring a small furry beast into our lives. I usually respond to this by pouting and cruising petfinder like a fiend and getting irrationally attached to puppies I cannot have.

7) I am completely addicted to horrible reality TV.

Jersey Shore 3 is the only show that I make an effort to see every week. I am not ashamed of this.

8) I like tea more than coffee.

The first day we moved here, Boyf gave me a HUGE mug of coffee that he made in his French press. He later said that the effect was similar to if he had given a child amphetamines.

9) If I can't find my Burt's Bees I completely freak out.

I do not leave the house without it.

10) I really love vintage men's hats.

I have a big head, though, so I can never find a hat that fits me in that oversized, menswear way that I want. You'll all keep your eyes open for me, won't you?

11) I've been to Ireland, France, Canada, Japan and Denmark.

12) My favorite fashion decade is the '20s.

Too bad vintage from then costs the amount of a nice used car.

13) I am a huge, horrible gossip.

Like, old-lady status. Like, I am exactly like my grandmother. Like, I should be ashamed of myself. Facebook stalking? Was invented by yours truly. I can't stop. It's an addiction. Halp.

14) I call Boyf "bab" as a pet name.

He is going to kill me for this but I seriously can't think of anything else. You know...baby, babby, bab. I'm embarrassing.

15) I really like Frank's Red Hot.

I'm not fond of spicy things but I'll put Frank's on anything. So much more than a hot sauce. Way better than Tabasco. If you haven't had the pleasure, make it your business to. Om nom.

7 comments:

  1. You had me at diners and Burt's Bees. The boyfriend turned me on and now I'm an addict!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee more than coffee !! i could never haha



    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 had me in stitches - i think a lot of us do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I'm so glad you're back! I know it's been like a week (or more) but I'm really out of the blogging loop and bloglovin' tells me I have like 500 posts to read to catch up. Secondly, have you ever had Frank's Red Hot Chile 'n Lime? It is seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with ya all the way on diners over fancy restaurants! And you are too cute, I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diners are so fun! Always interesting people to watch at diners!
    http://roamwhereyouwantto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: Vintage hats

    They're not old, and they're not pre-used or anything, but they're of pretty solid construction and they have dude sizes and lady sizes and you can order online/scout on ebay or whatever for one:

    http://www.goorin.com/

    Also, HI!

    ReplyDelete