Thursday, January 13, 2011

pookums says goodbye



I'm not going to lie, one of the things that makes me saddest about moving away from  home is the idea of not being able to see my dog every day.  She's such a spoiled little rat fink, but she always makes me laugh and she's super cuddly.  You have no idea how many times this year, when I was at work and miserable, I remembered that I would be able to see the dog when I came home, and it cheered me right up.  That sounds really corny, I know, but it's true!  

Also, I know everyone that reads my blog loves Etta.  Some of them love her more than I think they love my outfit posts and seriously? I can't blame them.  LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS.  LOOK. 

 Etta asked me if we could do a photo shoot so she could say goodbye to everyone, so of course I obliged.  Even though I'm wearing a green hoodie and no makeup.  She's so sad that I'm leaving.  She is!  You can see it in her face.  

She's really going to miss being in my outfit photos.  That's what she said, anyway.  She's not going to miss being made to wear hats, though.  She doesn't like hats much.  She's more of a purse girl.

Below is a little video I took of the pookums doing what she does best: stretching, yawning, scratching, and settling down for another nap.  It's her way of saying farewell.  And also of tricking me into doing my irritating mushy-dog-person voice, so you can all laugh at me and think that's how I sound in regular speech.  Aw.  Isn't she adorable?

video


PS- The man voice in the background is NPR.  I don't live with someone with a voice as official-sounding as that.  Otherwise, I think I would keep my room a lot cleaner, just out of fear/respect.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I couldn't imagine leaving that sweet beast! How old is she? She's beautiful and so cuddly looking. I made Reggie watch the video LOL

    Good luck to you on this move, and congrats; it's going to be amazing, and I'm super happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post is wonderful; i love how much you love your dog! i can't wait to hear all about your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, we're surely going to miss seeing her in your outfit photos! She is just so cute.

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually feel pretty bummed about this. You'll have to have your dad guest blog once a month with funny one-liners and shots of the pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course we're gonna miss seeing her! (blows etta kisses)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, we will miss her! You can always throw in some pictures of her, right?
    She is such a star!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww i know exactly what you mean. i'm always super sad whenever i have to leave my little bunny, Bear, at home.

    at least you know that she'll be super excited to see you when you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww<3 lovely doggie:)x


    http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ stop by sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright now, we've given you some time to get settled. Get your butt ready for the Winter 30 for 30.

    ReplyDelete