Monday, January 31, 2011

the people's key






shoes- teva
tights- target
cutoffs- thrifted
tee- bright eyes online merch store
cardigan- urban outfitters
hat- urban behavior

Today was laundry day, hence my somewhat ridiculous outfit. You forgive me, right?. It took me $5 and three and a half hours, and that's practically a record! I miss doing laundry at home.

Today my friend Brian sent me the link to where Bright Eyes' new album will be streaming until the official release date in February. I just about died. Conor Oberst has been my favorite forever. I'm even wearing a Bright Eyes shirt today. I've had it since I was sixteen. Totally coincidental, I swear. So far, the album is fantastical. Thanks, NPR. I want to jump around the apartment screaming like the semi-absurd fangirl that I am.

Tomorrow I'm planning on a voyage to the local Goodwill, which I'm excited about. That is, if we aren't ridiculously snowed in with the eighteen inches that are expected. Eighteen inches. This is what I get for moving to Western New York, folks. I'm really hoping I can make it out, though. Hopefully I can cure my shopping itch without breaking the bank? The rest of you are going to be doing the 30for30 but I didn't hop on that train soon enough. However, I'm going to make an effort to post every day during the 30for30, in a kind of weird, non-remixing solidarity. Never say I never did nothin' for you. :)

5 comments:

  1. OH Elle, how is your face more of a cartoon than mine, sometimes? :) You know I mean that with tons of love, right. I love your face, I said it.
    And the tights. Glad you'll be outfit posting with us 30ers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Just tagged you for 15 things! Cough 'em up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with these pictures, you look so darling. As a side-note, I love your patterned tights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I Don't Want to Die" makes my heart bubble when it comes on.

    I just realized I sound totally morbid to anyone who isn't a fan of Mr. Oberst.

    So glad you're back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete