Tuesday, January 11, 2011

bluestocking




shoes- payless
tights- we love colors
shorts- thrifted
tank- h&m
cardigan- urban outfitters
belt- dockers
scarf- delia's

Babby came over to play again today!  She's not feeling too well, but right now she is listening to "Honky Tonk Woman" with wide eyes and isn't crying anymore.  I'll corrupt her yet.

I found these shoes when I was packing.  I never wear heels.  My feet reject them.  However, when I was shopping off some Verizon-related frustration back in college, I couldn't resist them.  I think I wore them to the bar all of one time, and by the end of the night I was in so much pain that I ran home in my socks.  In the snow and ice.  In February. 

However, when you are doing some light packing and expecting a huge snowstorm and not a lot of dancing/being irritated by frat boys, these shoes are a lot more accommodating.  I paired them with my royal blue tights from We Love Colors.  True story: When We Love Colors gets the colors right, they can do no wrong.  The quality is awesome and the color is exactly what I wanted.  I bought these tights just so that I could call myself a "bluestocking" smugly while holding my copy of The Great Gatsby and annoying people in a coffee shop.  I am not joking.  

(PS- Remember my rants about We Love Colors?  Well, to testify their awesome quality, they left me a blog comment telling me  I could send the tights back and that they were sorry for the inconvenience.  You're awesome, We Love Colors.  I take back everything bad I ever said about you.)

Oh, and here is yesterday's cardigan.  Again.  I told you I was going to be doing a remix.

Also.  I am bad at hair.  And I am sick of the ponytail/messy bun/down rotation I have going on here.  I am one step away from youtube-ing tutorials.  Guys, I am twenty-two.  This is just embarrassing.  Does anyone have hair help for idiots?

PS- MOVING IN THREE DAYS OMFG.

The end.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the two blues! I've been playing with blue and brown and....leopard! I'm also loving the gray addition to the ensemble. Very cute and put-together.

    Also- about hair. Yeah ummm, I don't know how to do my own hair either. It's either messy waves or straightened with an iron. When one of my friends got married last year, my sis-in-law did my hair half up with curls and was like "you know how easy this is, right"......I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I think I'm awesome for wearing olive tights with shorts, you have to go and out-do me with those awesome blue ones.

    And if it makes you feel any better, anything I've done with my hair, ever, I learned from a youtube tutorial. Anymore I do the one that Sydney from The Daybook put up.

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - you're so funny. i didn't own a curling iron or blow dryer until i was thirty (a whole year & a half ago). tutorials are a great way to learn things. why else would they be up?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those heals. And the shock of the blue tights!
    And, I'm older than you and STILL don't know how to do hair. If you figure it out, enlighten the rest of us!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete