Monday, January 10, 2011

babby




dress- thrifted
cardigan- urban outfitters
belt- urban outfitters
shoes- urban outfitters
tights- walmart
Before anyone asks, no, Babby is not mine.  

We here at Joy, Etc. headquarters are officially moving house and home in four (count them, four) days!  Almost all my clothes are securely packed away.  I've made myself a small suitcase of clothes I can wear until then (and probably until after then...who knows when all my unpacking will be finished), so expect some variety of insane mini-remix, because I didn't really plan, I just threw things into a bag.  Perfect.  I still don't have a job, but Boyf, Boyf's Friend, and Boyf's Friend's Girlfriend and I finally found an apartment and I'm moving up on Friday.  Holy excitement, Batman!  I've spent most of this week either packing or procrastinating packing, so today was the first day in a long time that I've gotten dressed for real.  It's also the first time in a long time that I've worn footwear that wasn't either my Minnetonka mocs or my adored lace-up boots.  

Today I squared away some final issues at my bank, and tonight I'm dropping by the diner to tie up some loose ends there and also to say goodbye to my friends again.  I wish I could have gone thrifting before I left, but as Mom pointed out, there will be new places to thrift in Buffalo.  Does anyone live there/have friends there/has previously visited there and have recommendations?

Oh, and the third photo is a picture of my mom's job.  I visited her at work today.  Mom babysits for my cousin's baby girl.  For the sake of the dear thing's internet privacy, I am just going to call her Babby. Don't worry, she's not mad; Babby just makes that face all the time.  Today she is wearing a darling pink sweatsuit ensemble.  I told Mom that she's one step away from a Jersey Shore-type show of her very own.  All she needs is for the sweat suit to be made of velour.  Mom told me that she made me many a velour outfit when I was a tot and that I should be careful of insulting other people's sartorial choices.  Even when they are only one year old.  Suddenly, my taste for tacky floral dresses-that-I'm-pretty-sure-are-actually-supposed-to-be-smocks makes sense.  I'm not quite at the level of velour yet, but no one ever said I wasn't tacky.  Thanks, Mom.

PS- Yes, our tree is still up and no, we do not plan on taking it down until about April.  Etta is not worried about it.  She just relishes any opportunity to steal ornaments and lick the glue and sparkles off.

9 comments:

  1. So exciting about your impending move! Will this be the first time you have lived away from home? Do you love not having to go to work? Do you just LOVE it? I love it for you.

    Sorry, I'm full of questions and hyperbole today, it seems.
    dear, sweet Etta. I'll miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move girlie!!! I'm seriously excited for you...and to see how you remix a tiny wardrobe! Cutie dress! I know what you mean...it's so easy just to not get dressed. At all. What a cute little bitt!! And "holy batman"...boyfriend says that aaalll the time lol! Have fun fun fun girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move! I am the world's worst packer and also unpacker, so I definitely am not envious of that part. Also, I love the floral dress. I'm always attracted to bold prints like that but am usually too chicken to buy them. I'll just live vicariously through you, unless you actually start wearing velour. And then I still might.

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for relaxing (procrastinating?) and on the impending move. i'm epic excited for you - friday will be here before you know it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the two of us are wearing very similar outfits - too adorable. I love the flowers, they're especially great because of how cold it is outside, it reminds me of a better time. You best be buying a fun, warm jacket once you arrive in Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww you and Babby are so cute! (all my respect for protecting her privacy) And girl, I envy your curls! They're so perfect. Ahhh, I'm so jealous of your hair!

    PS: Our tree's still up to and does not plan on leaving til halfway thru spring too, haha

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! What a fun blog you have here :)
    That dress is great, I love it with the belt and sweater.
    Cheers!
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  8. That thrifted dress is so adorable! Very Elle.

    Good luck with moving - I DO NOT envy you. But I'm excited for you to be in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute outfit! and dog and baby! :)

    ReplyDelete