Friday, December 24, 2010

very merry happy



shoes- etsy
jeans- target
tee- h&m
sweater- thrifted
headband- claire's

This is my version of an ugly Christmas sweater, even though there's really nothing explicitly Christmassy about it at all.  Although it is red.  When I stumbled across this beauty at Salvo's I nearly lost my mind.  The frog closures?  The proper black trim?  The fact that the brand name is "Tally Ho!"?  I could simply not pass it up.  Mom likes it, too.  So, win all around, right?

Today I cleaned the house and helped my dad make Christmas baked goods and soon we're going to decorate our sapin de noel.  The pookums is really excited.  I'm excited to give everyone their presents, because I think I did a good job this year.  The Boyf, unfortunately, is going to have to wait until the next time I see him, and who knows when that's going to be.  Long distance relationships can be a bummer and a half sometimes, guys.  

But, anyway, Christmas!  Comfort!  Joy!  Et cetera!  (Hah, get it?)  No matter how old I get, I can't imagine not being excited about Christmas.  I have a few different outfits planned for tomorrow.  No one in my family really gets dressed up for holidays, but I always like to.  Also, I asked for new tights for Christmas.  Eeee!  So maybe tomorrow my legs will be exciting colors, maybe not.  THAT'S WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT.  The possibility of excitingly-colored legs.  Or at least that's what I've always been told.

I hope you all have a happy, healthy holiday, no matter where you are or if you celebrate Christmas or not.  And, drive slowly.  Last night on my way home from work, I happened upon a family who got in the same accident as I did a few weeks ago, in the same place!  I drove them around, leant them my cell phone and did what I could, but it worries me!  Drive slow and spend the holidays being late but happy, rather than smashing up vehicles and being sad.  Or worse.

MERRY HAPPY, EVERYONE!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love getting dressed up for the holidays too! I made scones today in my little skirt ensemble and B kept calling me a Stepford Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is NOT ugly! It's adorable, hehe. merry Christmas!

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. I totally laughed at the Christmas! Comfort! Joy! Et cetera part :)

    That WOULD be a cute sweater if it was a bit more fitted... but far from being ugly. :)

    Hope you got some new tights!! :)

    ReplyDelete