Monday, December 20, 2010

blechhh

Yesterday morning I woke up and felt bad.  Nauseous nauseous.  I tried to power through it all day so I could go to work (it would be busy! I would make money! etc.) but then the nauseous nauseous developed into a full-scale I-have-a-fever-and-creaky-bones-and-can't-get-out-of-bed thing.  So I slept.  And let my mom make me ginger tea.  And watched a kind of ridiculous amount of TV, including Bridalplasty which is the first truly terrifying TV show I have ever watched.  And spent all day today resting up even though I feel a lot better.  It must have been one of those twenty-four hour things.  So, no outfit posts.  Because all I've been wearing are sweatpants.  

In lieu of outfit posts, though, I am going to share two awesome things with you.  Get ready:

1)


2) Today Dad told me, while petting Etta's head, that, "when you think about it, babies are really just bald, super-intelligent puppies."

That is all, ladies and gents.  Goodnight.

11 comments:

  1. yay tunes! and glad to hear you're feeling better - those two days of rest still bring you two days closer to being done with your job (more yays?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time when I got sick I got addicted to "Charmed." My knowledge of Prue, Piper & Phoebe have haunted me long after the effects of that flu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many more days at the diner?

    And glad you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hoping you feel better! I laughed out loud about that baby thing...yeah, the people around me think I'm nuts now. And you should seriously haul tail (that's a technical term) to the movies!!! And go to the Waffle House...we kinda live there, sad, I know, but yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elllllllle!! I was trying to decide how to pose today and totally thought of you. I hope I did your hands-on-hip-hunched-shoulders correctly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that song! I make my fella sing it as a duet with me...we sound terrible!
    Hope you are feeling better now.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent all day today sick in bed, although I think alcohol is to blame in my case. Definitely not fun.

    Oh, and I totally knew you'd approve of those tights:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, sorry to hear that you had to go through that! But ginger really does help. I always have ginger gravol in my purse, because I get crazy motion sickness (the sad reality is I always travel by BMW: Bus Metro Walk, that is).

    xo
    Sealverland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw feel better! I saw them talking about that show on the Today show today (I worked from home!). Scary, indeed.


    Melanie@UnravelledThreads
    Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dad's words are now my ammo this holiday season when people asks me why I'm not preggo yet!!

    Hope you feel better :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe...thank you...I actually have no idea where they came from. I kinda borrowed them from my sissy. I have no clue how I will dress myself when I no longer live with her. I only need half of a wardrobe because I can always just go "shopping" in her amazing closet. But F21 has lots of similar things and I saw some promising tights in Dillard's yesterday. Good luck with the cleaning!! Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete