Monday, November 8, 2010

une





tank- h&m
caridgan- target
cutoffs- thrifted levis
white lace tights- f21
otk socks- f21
belt- dockers
boots- modcloth
spike earrings- UO
dog- mine. hands off, bitches.  (get it?  i'm punny.)

Oh hey, I guess it's the first day of the 30 for 30?  Sweet.  This outfit served me well for about two hours of driving home, away from my boyfriend and listening to The Clash while attempting not to die on the sudden and random wintery mix that was pelting my vehicle.  I also didn't shower today.  Gross.  That's why my hair is up.  That, and because I'm wearing dangly earrings and I always like to wear my hair up when I wear danglies because I think it shows off the jewlery better.  What's that, you say?  It would have shown them off even better if I'd thought to do a detail shot?  I know, I know.  I'm new at this fashion bloggy thing, cut me a break.  But at least I have the awkward, pigeon-toed pose down.  I'm fantastic.  Also?  Check out photo number two.  Look at my right arm.  How is it bending that way? I didn't even know I could do that.

Also?  I didn't lie.  I don't smile in pictures.  Neither does Etta.  She's a model.  Look at those clean lines, that stunning physique! My dad made her that top hat the other day out of an old manila folder.  She hates it.  She actually hates all clothes.  They make her go shock still in terror, which I guess makes me a bad dog owner for taking advantage of that to make her be in photos with me.  But she's so cute!  Look at her!

See?


Things I Noticed About This Outfit:
1) The layering of tights/socks/boots was surprisingly warm.  Sean saw what I was wearing this morning and said, "Won't you be cold?" And I was like, "Um.  No.  Why would I be cold?"

He looked at me and said, very slowly and clearly, "Babe.  Your tights?  They are full of holes."

I said, "It's lace.  They're lace tights!  That's a pattern, not holes."

He said, "It's snowing."

I said, "But I'm layering!  I'll be so warm."

He said, "...You.  Are.  Wearing. Shorts.  In November."

Pssh.  Clearly, he is not familiar with the art of Not Wearing Only Jeans All Winter.  But then again, he is a boy.  He doesn't wear tights (much).  We can't blame him.

2) My legs look four miles long.  I don't know how this happened, since I always thought that breaking up the leg line, like I did above, made you look stumpy.  But apparently I am magic, so go me.

3) I actually messed up and packed a different gray caridgan this weekend, so I wore that for the drive today and switched it back as soon as I got home.  I was debating whether or not I should swap out this cardigan for that one, anyway, but when I saw how this one looked, I remained confident in my original choice.  The short, swingy shape of this one, along with its three-quarter sleeves and more delicate color, make outfits look more put together than my long, shapeless, charcoal one.  

4) Sean and I did birthday presents this weekend.  One thing he got me was $50 to spend at the Urban Outfitters in Ithaca.  I was so relieved I could fit this last little bit of shopping in under the belt!  I got a skinny black belt, which I think will be super useful in the remix, and some new shoes that I won't be wearing until December.  But that's okay with me.

5) Tucking in my shirt and adding the belt made this originally sloppy outfit look so much more polished.  I guess it really is the little things that make the biggest different, huh?

I'm really excited I got Day One down.  I can't believe I'm actually going this!

3 comments:

  1. I love the layering, especially the socks! Props for shorts in the snow! My picks for the 30for30 were very much influenced by my fear of the coming cold (chance of snow on Friday) Way to be brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And also, hilarious commentary! Seriously, is taking the photographs not the most awkward thing EVER? I feel like the world's biggest dork. Maybe we should all take lessons from your supermodel dog... ;)

    ReplyDelete