Thursday, November 18, 2010

onze



boots- modcloth
tights- walmart
skirt- f21
tee- h&m
vest- thrifted

This is one of my favorite outfits so far.  I was getting sick of all my clothes for the challenge, so I looked back at my official list of clothes and realized that there were several items I hadn't even touched yet.  And in Challenge World, that means literally dozens of exciting new potential outfits.  

For example:  I've worn this vest before, but with this red skirt and tall boots, it has a totally different feel than it did the last time.  Also, I buttoned the vest.  I almost never button it because it makes the top puff out strangely, but I today I took a risk and I think the buttoned version keeps this outfit from looking kind of costumey and Western, as it could have otherwise.  Or at least that's how I feel.  

I'm so excited; I think I've finally discovered the power of shopping your own closet.  Cue cheese grin.

Today begins the start of my seven-day week at work.  That might not seem so bad, but I'm starting on Thursday, which means that Friday-Saturday-Sunday will be very busy, and then the beginning of the week will be swamped too,  because everyone will be heading home for Thanksgiving.  (The diner where I work is situated on a major highway and gets most of its business from people who are traveling.)  

But you know what?  I'll tell you guys a secret.  I've given myself a deadline.  I am moving out of home and quitting this job by the beginning of January, no excuses.  Which means that, as of today, I have forty-three days left.  That's less than two months.  And by the time the challenge is over, I'll have around twenty-three days left.  And every day that I work brings me one day closer to my definitive Quit Day.  Which makes me happy.

So, here's to shopping your closet and quitting jobs that make you miserable.  And my adorable puppies.  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I love how you mixed so many colors into your outfit. don't you just love it when you come up with a great and unexpected outfit!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I like this one! Like Sarah said, all those colors are really good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. see! i didnt even realize you'd worn the jacket. oh the joys of remixing. no one really notices. it's all up to us and the way we remix it.

    good luck with your deadline! you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete