Tuesday, November 23, 2010

dix-sept




boots- modcloth
tights- penney's (in ireland)
dress- urban outfitters
tee- the gap
belt- f21
earrings- sierra trading post (yeah, i get my pearls from sierra trading post.  you gotta problem?)

I feel like this outfit makes me look a little bulky on top, but then, I am layering a teeshirt over a dress.  What's that, you say?  Ingenious?  Well, yes, I thought so too.  Thank you.  I didn't plan a gray skirt into the remix, but who needs a gray skirt when you have a gray dress?  Not me, that's for darn sure.

Hey.  You guys wanna know a secret?  I've only worn these tights once since I bought them in Ireland two summers ago.  I don't know if the pictures really show it, but they have blue and purple watercolor flowers on them.  They're actually not as hard to wear as you might think.  It's amazing how much easier it becomes to wear tights when you are in desperate need of something, anything, to punch up an outfit.  Suddenly, wearing giant watercolor roses on your legs doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.

As you can see, the pookums was so wiped out today that I couldn't even get her to sit up straight and show off her adorable bow headband.  We walked four miles this morning.  She needs the entire rest of the day to recover, obviously.

Hey guys.  Thirty-eight days until I get to quit my job.  Can I get a great big HALLE-FREAKING-LUJAH?  

That's what I thought :)

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit, so adorable!
    I'm totally in agreement that the tights could punch up nearly ANY outfit!

    and I hope this doesn't sound creepy...

    I don't think you look bulky on top...I think it accentuates your...girls. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I need to find an outfit to accentuate mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever.. a dress as a skirt. LOL. I should really do that :)

    The tights are so much fun! I dont think I'd ever be able to pull something like that off though.

    Cute outfit overall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course, i love the tights - so so so much fun. also, HALLE-FREAKING-LUJAH!! may the next 37 days fly by & be as drama free as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your waist looks so tiny! I love that belt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the t-shirt tucked into the belt? I think the dress-as a skirt just blew my mind a little. In any case it's a very cute outfit, and those tights are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it definitely adds boobage and it doesn't look like a bad thing :D and hey, your tights look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hellz yeah, so happy for you getting out of the job!! I did that a few months ago and it. felt. GRRREAT. Like Tony the Tiger great.

    NEVER would've guessed the grey is a dress!! Looks fabtastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your skirt, well i guess it's a dress... but very cute :) and your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those tights. All I have are gray and black tights. I have to get some fun colors once I can buy again. Super cute look. That belt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete