Friday, November 26, 2010

dix-neuf




boots- modcloth
tights- target
shorts- thirfted (levis)
oxford- old navy
necklace- h&m
Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone!  I hope you all spent a lot of time with loved ones and stuffed yourselves full of turkey/Tofurkey, whichever your leaning may be.  I have to redo my Thanksgiving outfit tomorrow, to show you all what it was. I stuck to the remix, I promise!
 
Today we did Thanksgiving 2 at my house, with my mom's side of the family.  They just left an hour ago.  I saw a matinee with my friend Trevor today (Love & Other Drugs...good,  but super schmoopy at the end.  Luckily, I have a high tolerance for schmoop, so I managed okay.  And Anne Hathaway made me want to go back to 1996 and wear wool berets and overall shorts all the time.  Next time I make it to the thrift store you can guess what I'll be scoping out...).  By the time we got out of the move and had coffee, it was 5:00 pm!  It's amazing how time flies when you're not waiting around and dreading going to work.  Mom only had time to snap a picture of my outfit just now, which is why they're so dark.  I promise I'll do better tomorrow.

This white button-down is the last item in my remix that I have yet to wear.  Here it is.  Ta da.  Nothing special.  I've had it since the summer after my freshman year of college, when I was significantly heavier from...various leisure time activities.  Now it's a bit too big, but I wear it more like a boyfriend oxford now so it usually works out fine.  Also, I love pairing these teal tights with my brown boots.  I think the colors work well together, and I was also proud of myself for accessorizing with a wooden necklace that echoes some of the green tones.  Guys, this is very advanced for me.  My friend Caitlin has the same teal tights, only she's brave and pairs them with other, equally bright colors and always looks fantastic because she's so confident about being able to pull it off.  Me?  I put on colored tights and it's all, "Okay guys, we'd better play it safe from here and stick to the neutrals."
PS- Psst...only eleven more outfits until I can shop again :)  

7 comments:

  1. I'm the exact same way. If I wear something colorful, the rest of my outfit (including accessories) are all neutrals. :)

    Love the teal tights! You are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT color mix!! I love the shorts and tights look although I havent yet tried it myself... anyway, you have some really cute stuff and I look forward to seeing what other outfits your create for the last stretch!!

    cheers Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I was absolutely admiring the necklace-tights-boots color combo!! I think you did fabulously well and there's plenty of time to work your way up to double or triple bright colors from here on out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that necklace and I have those tights and the only thing I can think to wear them with is my black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that necklace and the tights! And I definitely want to see that movie, I like my movies with a little schmoop in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovin' the necklace! also, your hair looks *fantastic* in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and look it's that color again except as tights and those lovely boots. obviously it's a win-win combo!

    ReplyDelete