Wednesday, October 27, 2010

warby parker

So, earlier this spring I had a problem.  I have bad eyes, but my insurance only covers me for contacts or glasses once a year.  Since I primarily wear contacts, I always chose to stock up on them, but as a result my backup glasses were something like seven years old and worse than useless.  Finally, I decided that I was just going to need to buckle down and spend some exorbitant amount of money on glasses.

Luckily, I found Warby Parker before that.  Warby Parker sells really cute, vintage-inspired glasses for men and women.  I know vintage glasses might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they have styles that aren't so much mondo-hipster, so you should check them out, anyway (like the Japhy, the Nedwin, the Belen, the Thompson, and the Cailin).  

Things That Are Fantastic About Warby Parker:
1) Their styles are pretty cute, but still original, so your glasses won't look just like everyone else's.
2) If you don't know your prescription off the top of your head, that's fine!  You can just enter your eye doctor's phone number, and Warby Parker will call them and get the prescription for you.  If you have a weird phobia of talking to receptionists, like I do, this is awesome and a godsend.  Or if you're lazy.  Or busy.  You know.
3) All their glasses are $95.  Just $95, lenses included.  No shipping, no tax.  Does it get much better than that?  I don't think so.

I realize this sounds like I'm being paid to tout Warby Parker or something, but I just feel like, in today's tumultuous economy and a lot of post-grads (like myself) having issues with health insurance and cash flow in general, it's nice to spread the word.

I have the Roarks, by the way.  You know, as in The Fountainhead?  I'm not going to lie and pretend that the name didn't play a big part in me getting them.  I am also not going to lie and pretend like I don't look adorable in them, because I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment